Are you passionate about making a positive impact in the North East of India? Are you interested in gaining hands-on experience in health governance, policy research, and river studies? If so, C-NES has an exciting internship opportunity for you.
The Centre for North East Studies and Policy Research (C-NES) is a registered non-profit organization dedicated to addressing health, governance, and river-related issues in the Brahmaputra region of Assam since 2004. Our flagship program, Boat Clinics, provides vital healthcare services to communities along the Brahmaputra River, spanning from Dhubri in the west to Tinsukia in the east.
As an intern at C-NES, you will have the opportunity to contribute to meaningful projects and gain valuable experience in the field. We offer internships in various areas, including:
- Health Governance: Assist in the implementation and evaluation of health governance initiatives, including the Boat Clinic Program. Contribute to data collection, analysis, and reporting.
- Policy Research: Conduct research on key issues related to health, governance, and river studies in the North East. Contribute to policy briefs, reports, and publications.
- Communications and Outreach: Support the communication team in creating content for newsletters, social media platforms, and the website. Assist in organizing events, workshops, and awareness campaigns.
- Enrolled in or recently graduated from a relevant undergraduate or postgraduate program (e.g., public health, social sciences, communication).
- Strong research, analytical, and communication skills.
- Familiarity with the North East region’s socio-cultural context is preferred.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English.
Duration and Location:
Internships at C-NES are available throughout the year and can range in duration from 2-6 months. The internship can be conducted remotely or at our offices in Guwahati, Assam.
How to Apply:
To apply for an internship at C-NES, please submit the following documents:
- Updated resume/CV
- Cover letter stating your area of interest and the reasons for your interest in interning with C-NES
- Writing sample (academic paper, blog post, or any relevant piece)
Please send your application to [email protected] with the subject line “Internship Application – [Your Name]”. Feel free to include any additional information that showcases your skills and experiences to email@example.com .
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
Thank you for considering an internship at C-NES. Together, let’s create a positive impact in the North East through health, governance, and policy initiatives.
Support CNES’ vital initiatives in health, governance, and more by donating today to create a positive impact in the North East.