REPORTING TO: Project Coordinator & District Program Manager
WORKING AREA: Kamrup (Metro & Rural) and Nalbari District
LENGTH OF ASSIGNMENT: Fixed Term Contract
COMPENSATION: Rs.20,000/- per month + travel allowance
The Centre for North East Studies & Policy Research (C-NES) in partnership with Population Council Consulting Private Ltd. (PC Consulting), is looking for Field Executive to implement a project that aims to support the pregnant women in their pregnancy journey by adapting, testing, and scaling up a digital marketplace approach.
The Field Officer will plan the field work along with District Program Manager, Kamrup and ensure that project activities and targets are achieved. He/She will ensure continuous monitoring and followup of the selected facilities/hospitals/nursing homes in the targeted area assigned for the project. The candidate will be responsible for representing C-NES and communicating with all coalition partners of the project, maintaining excellent relationships with all local partners, and ensuring partners are actively involved in achieving the project objectives.
- Contribute to the development of project implementation.
- Facilitate implementation of field level strategies and processes in alignment with overall project objectives.
- Oversee field level implementation of the project in the assigned
- Manage the day-to-day implementation and operations of the programme.
- Represent C-NES at different level meetings and liaison with different maternal health officials of the districts.
- Record and maintain required data from the field on a day to day basis
- Support in the preparation & submission of progress reports, best practices, success stories, Case Studies and any other report required by the senior project staff.
Key Working Relationships
- Position reports and coordinates directly to and with: Project Coordinator & District Program Manager (e-SAATHI project)
- Ability to communicate effectively with team and stakeholders.
- Should be able to work with health care providers and their beneficiaries.
- Familiar with health program in the state and has in-depth understanding of the state health system and challenges.
- Be the focal person in the district in implementing the project.
- Honest, fair and objective in work.
- Willing to travel extensively within the district and in other assigned districts as well.
- Have proficiency in the use of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.)
- Cross-cultural communications, including ability to work in a bilingual environment (English, Assamese, Hindi).
- Ability to work under time pressure and meet deadlines.
- Good written and communication skills in both English & Assamese.
- Fluency in English and Assamese – spoken, read and write for all official communication is essential.
Remuneration: Rs.20,000/- per month consolidated on contractual basis for a period of 11 months. TA/DA while on field duty @Rs.300/- per day for a maximum of 20 days in a month.
- Graduate degree in Public Health /Social Work/Development studies/Rural Development/Rural Management/Women Studies
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience, preferably working in implementation of Maternal and Child Health programs in Assam
- Familiarity with health program in the state of Assam and has in-depth understanding of the state health system and challenges.
- Demonstrable experience handling organizational assignments.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send a cover letter justifying how you are fit for the position along with your resume (should not exceed 3 pages) by 7 July, 2023 to Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. The email should indicate the job title in the subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be invited to appear for interview/s (virtual/in-person).